Information on the the Heartbleed Bug
You may have heard about the "Heartbleed Bug," which can compromise the encryption of vulnerable websites and allow personal information to be stolen.
At this time, we have confirmed that all Soy Bank systems are unaffected.
Heartbleed is an exploit of OpenSSL, security code in some browsers, which captures information transmitted through https, or secure browsing.
As an individual consumer, you can help protect yourself and your personal inforamtion by using unique IDs and passwords on the various Web sites you visit as well as adopting the following password security best practices:
- Change your password frequently.
- Use a password that contains at lease 8 characters.
- Include, at a minimum, letters and numbers in your password.
- Store passwords securely.
- Don't leave passwords where others can find them.
- Never share your password.